Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
admin
Admin

Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales Empty
PostSubject: Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales   Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:01 pm

From a member:

I have been selling my product for a number of years and now a company is interested in a possible license deal. They have asked me to send them everything for review. I have a granted patent on my product, but should I rely on this alone?

Should I still send some sort of an NDA?

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troy Robison

Troy Robison

PostSubject: Re: Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales   Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Tania Reynaert wrote:
From a member:

I have been selling my product for a number of years and now a company is interested in a possible license deal. They have asked me to send them everything for review. I have a granted patent on my product, but should I rely on this alone?

Should I still send some sort of an NDA?

Thanks! Very Happy

Tania, it depends on who the company is. Is it one of the invention submission company's. Once a patent is issued the inventor gets a ton of letters from submission companys.

Need more info.
Back to top Go down
Roger Brown

Roger Brown

PostSubject: patent   Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Tania,

I lean towards the cautious side and even though you have a patent I would recommend still using an NDA if for no other reason than to have additional paperwork to back up their interest in reviewing your product.
Back to top Go down
admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales   Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 9:58 pm

I don't think it's a submission company, Gizmo. I don't know the full details but she said it was a company which was interested in her product from the start and then she went ahead and started selling on her own. Now this company is interested again and has asked her for her info and product to review.

Thank you Gizmo and Roger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales   Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales Empty

Back to top Go down

Licensing Opportunity After Years Of Sales
Page 1 of 1