Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

Patent pending... in my country...but I want my initial product launching to be in the US. What should I do?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Edwin_Mark

Patent pending... in my country...but I want my initial product launching to be in the US.  What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Patent pending... in my country...but I want my initial product launching to be in the US. What should I do?   Patent pending... in my country...but I want my initial product launching to be in the US.  What should I do? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 12:21 pm

I have a patent pending invention here in the Philippines where I live. I was planning on filing international patents on my invention but I have yet to pursue the same since the price tag is just way off the ceiling for me. I am a Filipino citizen but I want to do my initial product launching there in the US. Can anyone suggest the best course of action I should take?

Thank you.

Edwin_Mark
Back to top Go down
Bill Goldblatt

Bill Goldblatt

Patent pending... in my country...but I want my initial product launching to be in the US.  What should I do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patent pending... in my country...but I want my initial product launching to be in the US. What should I do?   Patent pending... in my country...but I want my initial product launching to be in the US.  What should I do? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:25 pm

Where you want to file should depend on where you plan to do most of your sales, and to a lesser extent where your competitors would likely do most of their sales....not where you live.

The best course of action you can take depends on various factors including your budget, the market opportunity present, etcetera...so its hard to really get into that. However, assuming that your invention is still patentable in the US (less than a year since public disclosure and/or the filing of a foreign patent app or the equivalent), it would initially sound to me that obtaining a US patent would be a priority for you. It is at least possible that you would have been better served filing for a US patent than for a Phillippines patent from the get go.
Back to top Go down

Patent pending... in my country...but I want my initial product launching to be in the US. What should I do?
Page 1 of 1