Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

PR Companies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
admin
Admin

PR Companies Empty
PostSubject: PR Companies   PR Companies EmptySun May 03, 2009 2:50 pm

I know nothing about public relations, should I hire a company?

thanks in advance Very Happy

Tania Reynaert

Last edited by Tania Reynaert on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger Brown

Roger Brown

PR Companies Empty
PostSubject: Re: PR Companies   PR Companies EmptySun May 03, 2009 2:51 pm

I would caution the average Inventor that is looking to license a product that you do not need a PR firm. The company licensing it will do that. Also before you buy a package you need to look at all the venues they target. If you have a fishing product you don’t need to pay for them sending out your flyer to a baby magazine.

I would also point out that you can get good free press by contacting your local newspaper, T.V. News station, and online blogs. They are all looking for stories to fill space. National Public Radio is a great place for interviews and they rerun them often to fill empty slots. I did a spot interview on NPR and they ran it for 7 months at different times of the day and week. If possible with doing interviews, don’t mention dates unless you really have to. When you have no dates mentioned it is easier for them to rerun them because no one knows you did it months earlier. I did an interview with about.com
http://toys.about.com/od/hotnewtoyreleases/a/toyinventor.htm?terms=interview+with+a+toy+inventor+roger+brown four years ago and am still getting emails from people who just saw it this week. You can write an article like this one at http://ezinearticles.com/?Inventors—-Do-You-Really-Need-To-Patent-Your-Invention-Before-Submitting-To-Companies-For-Licensing&id=782118
All the things I mentioned above are free. Most PR firms I have talked to start at about $2,000 and go up from there. Try the free things first. Who knows you may have a knack for PR and do it yourself and save a lot of money.
Back to top Go down

PR Companies
Page 1 of 1