Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

Inventing a Retail Product Step #6

Go down 
AuthorMessage
former mentor

Inventing a Retail Product Step #6 Empty
PostSubject: Inventing a Retail Product Step #6   Inventing a Retail Product Step #6 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 pm

Back from the store and my head is spinning with possibilities for our bag product. Colors, and styles, and packaging….all the visual affects other manufacturers use that I can fold into this design – I’m inspired!

I settle on a few that make sense with what I want to accomplish in terms of form and function. It’s defiantly vacuum forming as a manufacturing technique. (for those who don’t know what that is here’s a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUl4WjD23Bk ) Maybe I’ll use a translucent plastic that allows the consumer to see the bags inside, but adds some visual color to the product. I think I need a strap of some kind, maybe an elastic strap so a mom could hang it on a diaper bag, or a dad could hang it on a golf bag. In the car its likely going in the glove box, so the strap adds little value – but it helps with the crossover into the other categories. Finally, for packaging I’ve decided to go with a simple card where the product is held in place by closing the casing over tabs on the card. Quick, Cheap, Efficient.

So now I have the basis for my product, a vacuum formed case over a tightly rolled toll of thin disposable plastic bags with an elastic strap.

What’s next? ….I need a name.
Back to top Go down

Inventing a Retail Product Step #6
Page 1 of 1