Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

Lack of interest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RevSteve

Lack of interest Empty
PostSubject: Lack of interest   Lack of interest EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:28 pm

I've invented a new propulsion system for spacecraft but no one seems to be interested. The theory is sound, a simple prototype works and it is based squarely on Newtons third law. NASA has shut down all of it's propulsion research programs. No university I have investigated mentions anything about invention submissions. I contacted a well known patent firm with great credentials, after they yawned they directed me to a link explaining everything I already know. I even wrote to the President about a month ago, no reply. It seems everybody and his brother has a new propulsion system, all of which have been debunked by physicists for obvious and logical reasons. Still, mine works while it can be shown why so many others don't or won't work in space. I was told by an associate who retired from the defense industry that from the sattelite positioning market alone, the invention should be worth big bucks, but here I am out of work. Any advice would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
StephenBozzone

StephenBozzone

Lack of interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lack of interest   Lack of interest EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:35 pm

RevSteve,

Albert Einstein said, "If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is little hope for it".

I'm no rocket scientist but I did work for an aerospace company a while ago. I won't be much help with the rocketry part but I do have some information for you.

Jack Lander, a contributor to Invention Digest and author of "How to Finance your Invention or Great Idea", mentions Dick Morely as an Angel Investor who specializes in high tech inventions. Here is his contact information I got from the book: morley@barn.com

I did a little digging and found:

http://www.barn.org/

The single point of contact for the company is: Deb Morrison. "Deb knows all!" You may contact her using the information below:

Telephone
+1 (603) 878-4365
FAX
+1 (603) 878-4385
Postal address
614 Nashua St., #56 Milford, NH 03055
Electronic mail
General Information: info@barn.org

Best of luck. I've been out of work twice in 2 years so I know where you are coming from.
Back to top Go down
RevSteve

Lack of interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lack of interest   Lack of interest EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks Stephen. I will check out these links at once and hope for ther best.
Back to top Go down
RevSteve

Lack of interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lack of interest   Lack of interest EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Well I called Deb and the outlook was not good. She asked where I lived, I replied Florida and she said Florida was out of the the jurisdiction of the breakfast club but she would forward my info to Mr. Morley. Since he has not called, my geuss is that he concurs. Anybody have any other suggestions? I was considering listing my invention with "ITN" the Idea Trade Network
http://www.newideatrade.com/sell_patents.htm Anybody hear of these people or have any info on them?
Back to top Go down
Bill Goldblatt

Bill Goldblatt

Lack of interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lack of interest   Lack of interest EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:39 pm

RevSteve wrote:
I contacted a well known patent firm with great credentials, after they yawned they directed me to a link explaining everything I already know. I even wrote to the President about a month ago, no reply.

And did you inquire about paying them for their services? Virtually no patent law firm will give "pro bono" work out initially with hopes of profiting on the back end. That is not their business, and further, chances are that if you were contacting them for that purpose it would be a dead give away that you didn't know much about how certain things work.

Quote :
Still, mine works while it can be shown why so many others don't or won't work in space.

That is probably what everyone else said before it was shown otherwise.

Quote :
I was told by an associate who retired from the defense industry that from the sattelite positioning market alone, the invention should be worth big bucks, but here I am out of work.

Inventors are always saying stuff like that. People who deal with inventors are always hearing stuff like that.

Do you have a business plan?

Quote :
http://www.newideatrade.com/sell_patents.htm Anybody hear of these people or have any info on them?

Its convenient to believe that listing an invention on some random website will effortlessly attract suitors. it probably couldn't hurt, but still.

Its also worth noting that the whole subject of patent licensing can get complicated when you are potentially licensing to the government or a firm working on their behalf.

In any event, I don't want to come off as doom and gloom by any means, and really I only know so much (not much of anything) regarding your invention or your situation. But its possible that your best course of action could be to simply try and find a job at a company in the aerospace field and then to try and use your invention to help the company (and ultimately yourself).
Back to top Go down
RevSteve

Lack of interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lack of interest   Lack of interest EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:06 pm

"And did you inquire about paying them for their services? Virtually no patent law firm will give "pro bono" work out initially with hopes of profiting on the back end. That is not their business, and further, chances are that if you were contacting them for that purpose it would be a dead give away that you didn't know much about how certain things work."

I assumed that a patent attorney would charge for services.

I have a concept demonstrator built which works according to theory and am open to further advice.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lack of interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lack of interest   Lack of interest Empty

Back to top Go down

Lack of interest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: licensing Your Idea :: NDAs and Other Docs-
Jump to: