Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

How To Spot BS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger Brown

Roger Brown

How To Spot BS Empty
PostSubject: How To Spot BS   How To Spot BS EmptyWed May 06, 2009 4:44 pm

I am constantly getting emails from Inventors that have been specifically contacted by a Invention Marketing company and want to represent them. What the Inventor fails to do is spot BS in the pitch. Below is recent posting from Invent-Tech. I want you to read it and see if you spot, in my opinion, the BS. I will comment below each quote in my opinion the BS. See if yours matches mine.
As an Inventor you will get hit on multiple times by companies wanting to separate you from your wallet. You have to read between the lines to get at the truth. Don't be flattered that they contacted you. Be suspicous and cautious. They didn't do it because they like you. They did it because they see money coming their way out of your account.

Invent-Tech closes out fruitful February by securing advanced level of interest in 2 more product ideas…
February 28th, 2007
Good evening, Juan C. Blanco, Invent-Tech’️s Director of Product Licensing, checking in with our mid-week update. It has been an incredibly productive month at the nation’️s preeminent inventor assistance firm, and it was fittingly capped off today with the securing of an advanced level of interest in 2 more product ideas from the Invent-Tech roster.
The first invention is a professional medical accessory that a company has been reviewing for several weeks. The manufacturer first became interested in the item after reviewing the preliminary, non-confidential information contained in the Manufacturer Introduction Package they received. After agreeing to confidentiality, they received the package of detailed design information on the product that we customarily send to manufacturers and that has been highly effective for many years in helping to solidify interest in inventions from the Invent-Tech roster. After also speaking at length with a Manufacturer Response Team member about the licensing goals for the invention, the company opted to put their interest in writing today and will spend the next several weeks doing everything possible to secure the information and data they will need to make a long-term decision on the invention’️s potential fit with their product lines.

1. They make a big deal out of getting 2 advanced levels of interest. First define "advanced level of interest" Second, they promote themselves as "the nation’️s preeminent inventor assistance firm" and they only had two bites in a month. And those are not signed contracts just advanced levels of interest. I get more bites than that in a month and I am not "the nation’️s preeminent inventor assistance firm"

The manufacturer first became interested in the item after reviewing the preliminary, non-confidential information contained in the Manufacturer Introduction Package they received.After agreeing to confidentiality, they received the package of detailed design information on the product that we customarily send to manufacturers and that has been highly effective for many years in helping to solidify interest in inventions from the Invent-Tech roster. Whoopee!!! They sent them a mailer!!! and the company signed a nondisclosure!! That is standard practice prior to sending them any detailed info.

After also speaking at length with a Manufacturer Response Team member about the licensing goals for the invention, the company opted to put their interest in writing today and will spend the next several weeks doing everything possible to secure the information and data they will need to make a long-term decision on the invention’️s potential fit with their product lines.
They spoke to a salesman at Invent-Tech who went over what percentage they would expect if the company decided to license the idea. The company said they would review the product and let them know if they want to procede.

NEXT
Invent-Tech makes contacts with various companies actively searching for new product ideas during Day 2 of Hardware and Construction Expo…
Good afternoon, Juan C. Blanco, Invent-Tech’️s Director of Product Licensing, checking with another quick update during Day 2 of the Hardware and Construction Expo. Although the event is modestly sized, the quality of exhibitors is certainly strong, and that has been reflected in some of the contacts we’️ve been able to make throughout our two days here.
We have secured business cards from companies in the security, lighting, power tools, hardware, cleaning, and painting products industries, just to name a few, in our excursions through the show floor. There is a certain intrigue that we often find is present when we first explain the nature of our business to these companies. The reality is that many manufacturers, regardless of whether they employ internal research and development departments, are always eager to look at new product ideas in their industry without risk, as Invent-Tech offers them the opportunity to do.

We have secured business cards from companies in the security, lighting, power tools, hardware, cleaning, and painting products industries, just to name a few, in our excursions through the show floor. They make a big deal out of "secured business cards" If you have veer been to any convention like these you don't have to "SECURE" business cards most booths are eager to hand you their card that is how they hope to increase sales. I have had people at booth step in front of you to stop you long enough to hand out their card. So, making a big deal out of "securing" cards is crap.

There is a certain intrigue that we often find is present when we first explain the nature of our business to these companies.
The company is suspious of them.

NEXT
Invent-Tech wraps up Day 1 of Hardware and Construction Products Expo with successful networking session…
Good evening, Juan C. Blanco, Invent-Tech’️s Director of Product Licensing, checking in with our final update for a very busy Saturday. The 10 hour marathon session that was Day 1 of Hardware and Construction Expo is nearing conclusion, and Invent-Tech wrapped up today’️s proceedings with a successful walk through the show floor that consisted of networking with the varied group of exhibitors that are part of the show.
Invent-Tech personnel were able to make key contacts with companies specializing in a diversified group of industries. Included in these was a company that holds the exclusive license for one of the world’️s top brands in security products. They were pleased to learn that Invent-Tech had a potentially substantial inventory of product ideas to share with them, and emphasized that they would be willing to review them under confidentiality. We will definitely be performing prompt follow-up with this company in the days following the conclusion of the event.

The 10 hour marathon session that was Day 1 of Hardware and Construction Expo is nearing conclusion, and Invent-Tech wrapped up today’️s proceedings with a successful walk through the show floor that consisted of networking with the varied group of exhibitors that are part of the show

They went around and introduced themselves to the exhibtors. Gee, I think that is what they are paid to do. Big Deal. You would do the same thing if you were there pitching your ideas.

Invent-Tech personnel were able to make key contacts with companies specializing in a diversified group of industries. Included in these was a company that holds the exclusive license for one of the world’️s top brands in security products
They got another business card and talked with someone at that booth.

They were pleased to learn that Invent-Tech had a potentially substantial inventory of product ideas to share with them, and emphasized that they would be willing to review them under confidentiality
Explain "potentially substantial inventory of product ideas " Is that the same as being Potentially pregnant? Sounds like they don't know if they have ideas in that companies target market or not. Second, the company agreed to sign a nondisclosure before reviewing any ideas. Again standard practice. Nothing earth shattering about that.

We will definitely be performing prompt follow-up with this company in the days following the conclusion of the event.
We hope we hooked a big fish and will call him back. Gee, what a plan. You are going to call someone back that asked to see your ideas in their target market. I can see why they are "the nation’️s preeminent inventor assistance firm"

Check out this link to a complaint against them. http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/com/ii ... houdek.htm

http://www.RogerBrown.net
Back to top Go down
Troy Robison

Troy Robison

How To Spot BS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Spot BS   How To Spot BS EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Roger, there are all kinds of submission scam companys out there that need to be put out of buisness. Thanks for bringing the subject up

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/273/RipOff0273852.htm

Invent Tech ,Invention Technologies, 100% fraud / They took my invention and sold it to someone else Coral Gables Florida
Back to top Go down

How To Spot BS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Questions About Inventing :: The Not So Good, The Bad And The Ugly-
Jump to: