Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

licensing agreement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sally Hopkins

Sally Hopkins

licensing agreement Empty
PostSubject: licensing agreement   licensing agreement EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Hello,

I am wondering if any one has ever heard of a company asking an inventor to provide their own licensing agreement for the company to look at?

Thank You Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger Brown

Roger Brown

PostSubject: Licensing   licensing agreement EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:58 am

Hi Sally,

It is rare, but I have had companies ask me to provide a licensing agreement that I wrote. It has normally been a company that does not deal with outside Inventors. So they were were not prepared to deal with it once they saw my invention and wanted to move forward. I have had that same issue with nondisclosures where the company asked if I had one we could use.
Here is a link to a SAMPLE licensing agreement. As always when in doubt have a lawyer look it over that is versed in licensing documents.

http://www.1000ventures.com/doc/legal/agr_sample_license_exclusive_byum.html
Back to top Go down
Sally Hopkins

Sally Hopkins

PostSubject: Re: licensing agreement   licensing agreement EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:57 am

Thank you very much Roger.
I appreciate your help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sally Hopkins

Sally Hopkins

PostSubject: Re: licensing agreement   licensing agreement EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:45 am

Roger, I wanted to say thank you again for the sample licensing agreement.
When I first read it, it was a little intimidating.
Once I reviewed it, and read it over a few times, I found that it is a great basic agreement for someone with my experience to build from.

I am in no big hurry to get this agreement done just for the sake of getting it done. I do not want it to be hurried. I also do not want to send it off without making sure I am completing it properly. I have no experience doing this and want to make sure that this will be a positive learning experience.

I understand the the agreement, but I do have some gray areas I'm not comfortable filling in.

Is there some sort of rules or licensing etiquette that's says that all areas should be complete and everything is negotiable? Or is it best to leave those gray areas open and fill in as the terms are agreed upon?
Thank you again for your help and sharing your experience and knowledge Very Happy
Sally Hopkins
Back to top Go down
Roger Brown

Roger Brown

PostSubject: licensing   licensing agreement EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Sally, everything is negotiable, it is up to the two parties to work things out before signing any agreement. It is also everyones option to decide they can't work things out and not sign the agreement and go their separate ways. I tell Inventors to try and work out the issues, but never feel you have no option. The option may be you don't go with that particular company and have to start over from scratch with someone else. Just don't let greed or stubborness ruin what could be a good deal. Many a deal has been dropped because one party or both decided my way or the highway.
Back to top Go down
Sally Hopkins

Sally Hopkins

PostSubject: Re: licensing agreement   licensing agreement EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:53 pm

Thank you again Roger.
I appreciate your advise Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: licensing agreement   licensing agreement Empty

Back to top Go down

licensing agreement
Page 1 of 1