Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

Does It Need To Be Perfect?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
admin
Admin

Does It Need To Be Perfect? Empty
PostSubject: Does It Need To Be Perfect?   Does It Need To Be Perfect? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:16 pm

From Coty....

Hi, I'm new here too! Some times when you just start out it's alot to take in when people just give you web sites and info to read. Just remember take your time and read over it well. This is not a hurry up game. I feel like I have alot to learn before I will ever get my product out there. It's alot to it but don't throw your hands up in the air it may take years. I hope one day I will understand how to do all of this my self. Do I have to make a professional prototype before I try to show it to companies or will they help me? Can I just go in there with my rough prototype? Is there anyone out there that will help you get your product marketed without alot of money?.

coty

Original post... https://theinventorsmentors.rpg-board.net/steps-to-inventing-a-retail-product-f1/poorman-patant-t378.htm
Back to top Go down
admin
Admin

Does It Need To Be Perfect? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does It Need To Be Perfect?   Does It Need To Be Perfect? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 pm

From Mark...

Hi Coty,

You have a great attitude young man – and that’s ½ the battle.
To answer your question, no – you don’t have to have a professional level prototype done before you approach a company. What you do have to have done is your homework about the market, the price, the comparable products in the market and have tried your best to prove your invention actually works.

If someone walked into my office with a well done prototype, but didn’t have the rest of the picture, I wouldn’t give them the time of day. BUT if someone walked in with a good handle on the process, an understanding of the market, and clearly having done their homework – even with a hand built prototype I would sit down with them all day and figure it out.

You get respect prom the professionals in this industry by trying really hard, not by having the best model, or the coolest pictures. Just by trying to understand their world before you walk in their conference room.

Keep that attitude just the way you have it Cody – and spend time learning.

Mark.

From original post... https://theinventorsmentors.rpg-board.net/steps-to-inventing-a-retail-product-f1/poorman-patant-t378.htm
Back to top Go down

Does It Need To Be Perfect?
Page 1 of 1