Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

Worth More?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Susan Bellman

Susan Bellman

Worth More? Empty
PostSubject: Worth More?   Worth More? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:11 pm

I like the ideas of patents and I'm learning quite a bit about them. On there own, I believe they're important, but as a bonus, do you think they add more value to a product deal when looking for licensing opportunites?

Thanx!
Back to top Go down
Bill Goldblatt

Bill Goldblatt

Worth More? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth More?   Worth More? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 7:08 pm

Patents are assets and there is no reason they wouldn't add value to a would-be licensee - even just being able to say a product is patented often has at least some small value in itself. And, where there is an issued patent, there is more certainty that a product is patentable.

Of course, how much value they would add depends on the patent, the market opportunity, and other factors. And its also important to keep in mind that a patent in itself will not suddenly make an invention licensable, per se. A patent is no end all be all answer, you still need a good, marketable product that the patent protects.

If you are looking for a licensing deal, patents can also expand your options. Some companies won't be willing to talk to you without one and others simply won't be willing to sign an NDA.
Back to top Go down
Susan Bellman

Susan Bellman

Worth More? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth More?   Worth More? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Thank you Bill, that's perfect!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worth More? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth More?   Worth More? Empty

Back to top Go down

Worth More?