Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

property of artwork

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
heather31

property of artwork Empty
PostSubject: property of artwork   property of artwork EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:35 pm

I am creating a stationary product. I am trying to feature some different artwork that I would like to get different artists to submit different types of artwork for- not just mine- so that all tastes will appear/appeal to different customers.
my question is- if I would hire someone to give me some drawing/artwork/patterns - would I need them to sign something that said they had no rights to it? is that bold to ask? It will be used within the actual product itself - hope I am making myself clear... I don't want them coming back and saying, "hey, that's mine!"
thanks-
Heather
Back to top Go down
StephenBozzone

StephenBozzone

PostSubject: Re: property of artwork   property of artwork EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Heather,

I believe what you are referring to is called a work for hire agreement. Try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_for_hire

Anyone can e-mail me @ inspiration2innovation@gmail.com and I will send you a sample agreement that you could use at a starting point. You may want to have an attorney look it over.

Last edited by StephenBozzone on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger Brown

Roger Brown

PostSubject: work for hire   property of artwork EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:39 am

Stephen is correct. The term is work for hire or flat fee work. You need to let the people know up front that it is a one time payment for the work and that they are assigning the rights to the drawing to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: property of artwork   property of artwork Empty

Back to top Go down

property of artwork
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Marketing :: Product Design-
Jump to: