Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

ILC What is it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Susan Bellman

Susan Bellman

ILC What is it? Empty
PostSubject: ILC What is it?   ILC What is it? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:52 am

I just read something about an "International Line of Credit" what is that? and how is it used in developing a product?

Thanks

Susan
Back to top Go down
Andrew Havlicek

ILC What is it? Empty
PostSubject: ILC What is it?   ILC What is it? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 4:52 pm

Hello Susan,

An International Line of Credit is defined as a promise by a bank in one country to guarantee payment for goods originating from another country. Essentially, it's the mechanism a company uses in order to buy goods from foreign countries; it's basically a loan from the bank that a company must repay.

It has nothing to do with developing a product. There are no means for an individual (without significant collateral - in the hundreds of thousands of dollars range) to be approved for an ILC; it is a tool used by large, established companies to buy large ($100,000+ or even $1,000,000+) amounts of inventory. When you have a developed product, ready to be produced for market, a well-established company can be contracted to buy your manufactured product from an overseas producer (commonly using their international line of credit).

Regards,
Andrew
Back to top Go down
Susan Bellman

Susan Bellman

ILC What is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ILC What is it?   ILC What is it? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks Andrew. I don't think I'm there yet, but maybe one day.

Susan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ILC What is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ILC What is it?   ILC What is it? Empty

Back to top Go down

ILC What is it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Questions About Inventing :: Industry terms-
Jump to: